Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mackinac Island Weekend.

Friday was quite an adventure in itself. I went to work in the morning, then hopped aboard a train to take me to windsor. The train ticket was $15 so i thought it was worth it. Then I walked about 45 mins from the windsor train station in the rain, Luckily i had a rain jacket, and my luggage. I bought a ticket for the tunnel bus which costed 3.75! which is cheaper than the toll itself. I went through the tunnel and missed my first stop in Detriot where Jake was waiting for me. Luckily i talked to the bus driver and she dropped me off right there and I walked down the street. I also forgot to mention that we all had to get off the bus and go through customs..which was scary, especially because I was taking the risk of using my passport which was expired!!!! i was sweating bullets. but thank the Lord they didn't say anything and let me across. I also left my luggage on the bus, because i was the only one on the bus with luggage so I didn't know we were supposed to have brought it in and have it scanned. SO a border patrol guy went on the bus before we were allowed to go back on and wait, and he came back in and said everything was clear.. he TOTALLY didnt see my luggage that I had under my seat! which i was very thankful for.

Jake picked me up and we had a lovely drive to his house. It rained pretty hard on the way but I was SOOOOO relieved to have made it!!

The next morning we woke up and had a yummy breakfast and got our stuffed packed for the trip to mackinac island. Jake's Aunt Jean let me borrow her SWEET bike. It was the best bike I have ever ridden and had a nice cushy seat. On our way, we stopped at Abbey's friend's house, Taylor, for her open house. We had a nice big lunch and then ventured on our way to Mackinaw. We arrived at our hotel, The Grand Aqua Inn or something like that. It was nice and had a water park, a pool and a very hot hot tub. We checked into the hotel and then went to get some supper. We drove around, parked at a few restaurants and decided that it wasn't our scene. Finally we decided on an Italian Restaurant. It was decorated with stuffed animals, and I don't mean the cute fluffy play toys, but the once alive, now dead, wild animal kind. There were deer hanging from the ceiling, bears by the fireplace and an assortment of other woodland creatures all over. It was sure interesting to look at.

After supper, we walked around and looked at all the stores. We didn't end up buying anything, but it was fun to look around. We went back to the hotel where Jake and I spent the rest of the night swimming.

The next day, we got up and ate breakfast at the hotel. It was the most beautiful day! We boarded the fairy with out bikes down below. We sat on the upper deck where it was the windiest, but also held the best view. It was very pituresque, but as we all know, pictures never do a beautiful place justice, you just have to be there. I jumped every single time the fog horn went off. When we got to the island, we hopped on our bikes and rode around. It was so exciting. I love this place. No cars to worry about. Our first stop on the bike ride led us to the Butterfly museum. We got stickers to put on ourselves so that they knew we had paid, but Jake refused to put on his sticker because of his issue with stickers haha. After that, we peddeled up hill to the highest point on the island. On the way there, we stopped to pet a cat named whiskers. He was so cute. The houses were all very lovely to look at. The whole day felt very realer than real life, it's hard to describe. Everything felt very vibrant and fresh. Lilacs lined the roads and the aroma was so pleasing to my nostrils haha. When we reached the top, we had a picnic lunch. A seagull had joined us and wanted our food of course. After we had finished eating, Jake gave the seagull a Vienna Finger. The silly bird ate the icing and then the whole cookie. It looked quite disgusting as we could see the shape of the cookie in its neck. The way back down from the top was the most exciting part. I have never rode so fast on a bike and it was very exhilarating. There were no cars to worry about. I had to slow down once for some horse back riders to cross, but that was it. Jake couldn't go as fast as I could because of his old broken bike, but it was still a lot of fun.

we got into town where we looked at the house Jake's dad lived in during the summer's when he was a boy. Then we went and to the fudge shop where Jake's parents worked at when they were younger. I still have yet to eat my fudge..yumm. Then we looked around some stores, and Jake bought me a beanie baby lobster named Pinchers! We got icecream which was delicious. Then we walked to the lakeside where we skipped stones. There weren't a lot of skipping stones so Jake and I made up a game where one person throws a rock into the lake and the other person throws a rock to try and hit the other person's rock in the air. It was fun. Then it was about time to head back on the fairy. I was tired by this point and rested in Jake's arms on the fairy. It was very enjoyable. I think i am spellin fairie wrong..but I don't think I want to change it right now. We headed back to Jake's house and stopped on the way at pizza hut. It was scrumtious. We played the animal game and got to the letter N and quit. It did make the drive go by faster. Jake didn't sleep on the ride home, which suprised me. He was raring to go. Maybe all the pizza.

We got back to his house about 1030ish and got ready for beddy bonkins. It was such a wonderful day and I hope to go again someday.

I shall write about the rest of the weekend later. But believe me, I had an extrodinary time and I am glad the Barney's invited me to go! I have the BEST boyfriend in the world.

I shall post pictures in a little while.

4 comments:

Melanie Eccles said...

what a wonderful trip! And Kevin once bought me a lobster on his family vacation too...when we went to Maine. I named him Maxwell.

Britt said...

Melis!! It sounds wonderful!!! I love Pizza Hut!!

Ang said...

:D

Ang said...

hey, I can see your background!