Friday, November 6, 2009

New Post:

I have yet again neglected my blog.
I also have neglected my workouts.
I have been struggling to lose my chubby tummy.
This summer, I seemed to gain weight and now is the time to lose it.
How you ask?
Well I am keeping track of my calories that I consume as part of it.
I tend to eat a LOT.
Much more than I need.
It's probably over 2000 cals I have been consuming on a regular basis.
So I am attempting to cut about 500 cals every day.
Last night it was hard, and I could have eaten a couple hundred more calories.
I didn't.
I felt good this morning about my self control and am now enjoying a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee.
I actually felt more like getting out of bed since I was feeling hungry and excited to eat my oatmeal.
The second step to my weight loss goals is to workout.
I was going to the gym everyday for at least two hours.
My workouts consisted of running and eliptical adding up to 7 miles.
I did this for a month and a half and didn't notice a whole lot of progress.
I felt like I built up a lot of endurance and I feel that I can breathe a whole lot better now while working out.
But now, it's winter.
I don't shave my legs as often and going to the gym in shorts just doesn't sound appealing.
I am now doing workout videos.
The CRUNCH series.
The instructor girl feels like she is my friend.
I particularly like the dance off the inches hip hop dance party.
I am begining to love these videos and might get more becuase I feel that they become addictive.
I have been two days on this new lifestyle and I already feel a lot better.
More energetic.
Well I think that's enough about my new workout regime.
It''s almost time for class and I still need to get dressed.

That's all for now!

3 comments:

Melanie Eccles said...

MG, I feel like I'm reading my own words. "chubby tummy, eating too much, not seeing results." the list goes on and on and it's FRUSTRATING, I know! I, too, have been doing the Dance Off party (is Jennifer Galardi the instructor?)

just know that you're not alone in this battle.

Melissa said...

haha, yah jennifer galardi. i have three of her videos. they are fun. and yes its so frustrating sometimes but i am trying to watch what i eat cuz i know that is probably my biggest problem.

Britt said...

I just told Nick that Mel's and MG's blogs were almost the same....

2 hours a day is crazy! Way to go MG.

random: my verfication word is "sweatin"
how appropriate!