Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Engaged!

Dec. 31st, Jake proposed!
to me!
I said yes of course.
Actually,
I basically just nodded because I wasn't able to find my voice.
I cried alot...very unexpected actually.
The way Jake proposed was so sweet and I Couldn't have asked for a more perfect night.
I just got the ring back today.
It feels a little snug
I may have to get it resized AGAIN!
Now that I have the ring back on my finger I am ready to continue with the wedding planning!
wedding planning...ugh..
sometimes its wonderful! (when things go my way)
and sometimes its a drag (when things DON'T go my way)

My future mom-in-law gave me a beautiful wedding planner
It keeps me organized
I love it!
The wedding is August 21st, 2010 in Chatham Ontario
Reception is being held at Lake Erie.
Pray for a beautiful day please!
The word to describe my wedding is going to be "Enchanted"
Filled with lots of unique personal detail,
It's going to show a lot of who Jake and I are as a couple
Jake is designing the monogram
I am making the invites.. and the save the dates if I ever get to it.
I have a secret suprise that I am working on, that is TOP secret.. so you will have to wait to find that one out.
Also, my dress is going to be a suprise...I think haha.. I don't want to say too much more about that for now.
The colours of our wedding are going to be blue,purples and pinks..
I chose these colours because I was inspired by Lupins (my favourite flower)
Our wedding is going to be laid back and everyone should dress in summery clothes, Khaki shorts for boys and nice shirt and sun dresses for girls.. There will be lots of dancing and fun and maybe even some swimming!

I am going to include pictures that are inspirational to me in planning this wedding and that i hope to incorporate the feel or some of the elements into our wedding.




3 comments:

Ama's in Denver :] said...

Melissa! I am so excited for you two! What a happy time! :D

You wedding is going to be beautiful and lively ;)

Miss you!

Britt said...

I'm loving your new blog! I can't wait to read it!

Angie B said...

cant wait!!!! and u will be a BEAUTIFUL bride!