Thursday, October 23, 2008

Autumn...A Time to Contemplate.


I love waking up in the morning when the sun is shining brightly in my room, I can't help but get out of bed. On days that are cloudy, it's much harder to get out of bed and face the world, but one thing God has been teaching me lately is self control/discipline. I have found that even the word self control will pop into my head on those days that I don't want to get up, and I just have to do it. Not giving into your selfish bodily desires (such as sleeping in) only strengthens the spirit and that is what I am striving for. 2 Peter 1:6 says Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Something to think about really, for me at least. I have been telling my housemates that I feel as if I am losing the patience I once had. In classes, I find it frustrating when a teacher seems to be wasting my time or not reading something correctly, sometimes I wish i could yell out my frustrations. This I know also relates to self control. Making up my mind, to get what I can out of classes and doing my best and I am sure I will see my patience come back to me. This is all I have time for at the moment, classes call and since I am practicing self control..even though i would rather stay in my room.. I shall go.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Hi:
Proud of you
#1 seeing the issue
#2 for doing something about it
#3 blogging finally!!!!!