Monday, October 27, 2008

Snow and Wonder.

Snow last night.. I saw it with my two very own eyes! Sarah Maxwell came to my bedroom door close to midnight and said.."Its Snowing!" i didnt believe her at first, but we went to the living room and opened the curtains and could see tiny snow in the light of the porch lamp. It was like a whispered secret, one that you could barely hear, but knew what it meant...winter is upon us! I have mixed feelings about winter as being I loved to snowboard, skate and other winter activities...but i shall miss the warm sun. I am thankful for the length of the warmness we have had this autumn..its been grand. Something else that is abosultely grand is that Carrie is now finished with Chemo!! forever Lord willing, and what an amazing testimony it is to us all. Never complaining and just looking at it as something that has to be done, and just "got'er done. Praise God! Those of us that could make it to Chatham on Sunday (Brittney, Mandy and I) and who were not sick, had a suprise "Got'er Done/ Way to Kick Cancer in the butt celebration for Carrie" on Sunday. We talked a lot, wrote out recipes, ate chips and salsa, watched an old time home video of our church, then dressed up in ridiculous costumes and Britt's mom took lovely photos. (if you need a photographer..ask her) We then had dinner which was Turkey Pizza wheel and stuffing. Excellent! Mandy brought a salad plus cupcakes and I brought balloons. .it was a GREAT time. i wish I could write more, but I must MUST clean my room before Andrea gets back...not that she will care, but I know she will have a ton of stuff ( and souvenirs for me?) from her trip.

Have a Full of Wonder Day!

2 comments:

Melanie Eccles said...

man, Meliss...I totally understand your feelings of winter. I feel the same way! :)

also...heck YES CD! I'm so thankful you were able to celebrate with her!!

Britt said...

I am also so stinking proud of that Cancer-Free Girl!!!