Sunday, November 2, 2008

I have so much to write about, but I am exhausted! I will try to write a little bit since I haven't written anything in a while.

Tonight I finished up some homework and then watched Freedom Writers with Andrea and Rebecca. It was typical, but a little different from the usual white teacher is the minority in an inner-city classroom trying to make a difference. Still, it was those same basis but taken almost from a different view and getting to see the lives that the students lived in the past and currently living. I actually do get inspired by these movies and cannot wait to be a teacher. The only thing I did not like about this movie was that the teacher, Miss G. played by Hilary Swank put her classroom and her students before everything else including her husband. I knew right from the beggining i knew their marriage would end. She stayed late everynight at class, took them places on weekends and was rarely ever home and all she talked about was her work as a teacher to her husband. I would LOVE to be an awesome teacher like her, but not at the expense of my own family. While i am single and teaching I know that I will be able to pour a lot more of myself into teaching and my students, but when the day comes when I do marry, I hope and pray that I will always put my husband and children ahead of work, no matter how noble or satisfying my teaching career may be, nothing can replace the awesome gift from God that is my future husband and family.
I am SOOO exhausted... i actually dont even know if anything I wrote made sense.. but I know what i was meaning so maybe i will have to rewrite it tommorow when i can think of better words. but for now i am going to bed.
GOOD NIGHT!

1 comment:

Britt said...

I have seen that movie and know what you mean!!! I was soo mad at her for being a jerk to her husband!!!! SOOO wrong.