Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snow and Ice and All things Nice


I wish i had a camera to take a picture of the enormouse icicles outside the window right now, they are amazing! snow has just fallen yet again and everything is so pristine and white. Untouched snow is amazing and only lasts for a short while. I have had a great weekend thus far! I shall tell you a bit about it. 

Friday: Andrea came to visit and we went to Skating for Toques which they actually spelled right this year. We met up with Jake, Stephan, Allison and Matt there and had a grand ole time. Jake has improved significantly in his ice skating abilities. I fell twice and he only fell once.  I also did the belly slide...and did not win.. AND I raced and got second place. I could have gotten first if it werent for the fact that my own pair of skates had broken so i had to rent..and the skates that i had rented were damaged...the blade on the one skate was indented so part of the blade wasnt touching the ice which made it really hard to turn..but i could have won. 

Saturday: We slept in until 11am and Andrea and I went to McDonalds for lunch. We talked about life and such just like we did when she was here. We then went to the cougar den and made rediculous videos of ourselves dancing. After that Jake came over and we three watched Catch Me If You Can.  Then we went to Jakes House (Sydow House) where his house mates had planned a 'coffee and pancake night' which consisted of a lot of great tasting pancakes made by matt mosley, including chocolate chip and blueberry, french vanilla coffee and a night of open mic.  They had the house set up very nicely for this occasion and i was suprised by how many people came and sang and played guitar and whatnot. they had a microphone and speakers and all that. I enjoyed hanging out with my friends, but i dont like big crowds very much, so Jake, Andrea and I played some video games in the other room. 

Sunday (Today): I went to church with Andrea and then she left to go back home. I got ready to go to Jake's home house where we had planned to go skating...unfortunately my skates had broken the last time i went skating so i just brought my snowboard pants and boots and played in the snow. Stephan, Allison, Dan, Ben and Matt all came as well, not to mention the whole youth group from the Barney's church. The Barney's were hosting the youth group and had them play broomball out on the ice. Abbey (Jake's sister) is a Sr. in highschool. We played with them a bit and then went inside where Mrs. Barney had made soup and crackers and cheese for Jake and I and we watched sponge bob square pants. Jake is playing soccer now, and I am waiting for him to call me when he gets done. Im not sure what the plans are for this night, but we have no school tommorow so let this awesome weekend continue!!!

2 comments:

Melanie Eccles said...

3 comments:
1) I literally *gasped* when I your page loaded and I saw that gorgeous picture of you.

2) I, too, love untouched snow.

3) I love your new background and I think you should blog more because I love your stories. :)

Britt said...

I think your Ice Skates story sounds like a fishermans story!!! The fish was thiiissss long.... the skates were soooo broken - which is why I didn't win!

LOL I HEART YOU!

and I dido Mel's point #3