Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Than a Drink When Drowning

7 am I woke up and got ready for my 8 oclock class. Before I left, I double checked what room number my Strings class was in. I noticed an email i had not read yet informing me that there was NO class today!! haha, at first I was like..ah man! I woke up early for nothin, but then I remembered this was a GOOD thing. So i went back to bed and tried to sleep. I am not very good at sleeping once I am awaken for a while, so mostly i laid there and thought about life and God. I made some coffee and read my Bible. 

" Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfot, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Be an Encourager. Just as God encourages us in the hard times, carrying us when we are too weak to walk, guiding us through the thick fog of our insecurities and doubts, walking beside us, we too are responsible to encourage and build each other up. 
I have always strived to be an encourager in my relationships with people. Too often we hear the world telling us what we can't do, or how hard life is. The reality is life can be hard, and we as humans do have limitations, but knowing Through Christ all things are possible, we need to remind each other of this and help each other in this way. 
I have read that being a discourager is like offering a drowning man a drink of water. I know a few people like this, and you most likely do as well. Perhaps they are the ones in need of some comfort and encouragement. 
So with this, I am going to try to not be the one who pushes one in need under the water by being a discouragement to them, but reach out for their hand and pull them to safety by offering comfort and encouragement that God has given to us. 

Well, I have to get ready before Brittney comes over here, perhaps I will set the table for tea! 
Love each other! <3

No comments: