Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Beautiful Photoless Memories

The day started out beautifully! I layed outside on blankets with Marjie, Elin, and Felice. We ate lunch outside and then tanned for a good portion of the afternoon. The breeze felt wonderful as the hot sun warmed us up. We tried to imagine we were on the beach, but the noise of construction workers in the distance and boys playing basketball made it difficult. I had a shower after this and ventured over to Jake's house. I found him playing Halo with Matt Mosley. Jake and I played for a little bit then went on an adventure!!
Before we left we ate some icecream bars which were free from Hutch's (their freezer broke down and they were giving away ice cream!) We decided we were still very hungry so we went to Marino's Pizza. There we got a large pizza and pops and decided to eat there. I have never seen that pizza place so crowded, with old people!! It must have been some sort of convention. I recognized one being Dr. Newhouse. So we ate about half our pizza and decided to drive around looking for things to photograph for Jake's portfolio. Our first stop was an old abandoned factory. We took some photos there, a few of them portriots of yours truly. We went around the side and I opened up one of the doors, it was really creepy in there. I thought I heard a noise so I ran away. Next we went to Jake's Grandpa's feild where he took a photograph of the sign that says "keep out" right by the lake. Then we drove down this road on the way to lime lake and got out to take pictures of the miniature horses. They were so cute! only one was close enough for Jake to photograph. We tried to call it over to get even closer. Then we stopped at another field where the sun was so bright and golden over this green hilly field. It was very pretty and Jake photographed this. Lime Lake was next on our journey. We found a very secluded area where Jake took a picture of me sitting on the shore looking off into the distance as one of his "solitude pictures" Then, we took a few pictures of rocks dropping in the water so he could get the splash in a photo. I climbed up in a little tree and Jake took a picture of me which he said his professor is going to love. We hung around Lime Lake under the tree for a while and looked at the clouds. It was the perfect day!! We had the windows rolled down in the car and music up loud. It felt like we were really living. I loved that day! (actually, the pictures from the factory happened the day before now that i think about it... anyways) Oh, and just before we went home, we drove to this kinda quarrey looking place, and the sun was setting and there was a forest at the back of the quarrey looking place. Jake stood on his car and took a picture, then he took a picture of me. Then, we saw a man standing at the edge of the forest, he seemed to come out of no where. We got in the car and suddenly, the man just dissapeared!! I couldn't believe it! he really seemed to vanish! I looked all over and it boggles my mind how that man seemed to vanish from my sight. Jake thought so too, but he didn't think about it too much. It was very strange though.
We got back from taking photographs and Jake was so excited to develop them that he went there right away. I played guitar hero and he came back from the lab within five minutes. The poor boy looked distraught and held open his empty camera. He had forgotten to put the film in! It was in the back of his mind the whole time that he wasn't positive if there was film, but you can't check it anyways in case there was. Plus the camera was winding as if it had film in it. Needless to say, Jake was very disspointed and so was I. He worked very hard the last couple of days to get really amazing pictures and he took his time and thought them through. I could tell he was very proud of the work he had done, but there was no way to see the results of this work.
Today I told him I would go with him and we would recreate all the pictures. It was tough to do, espeically since today it stormed and was very rainy. He had to get the pictures done though since the lab is only open till 5 today. He has had a tough day today, with other things as well. I think that I will go back to my room and see what i can scrounge up to make him supper or something to cheer him up.

3 comments:

Britt said...

OH MG that sucks soooo bad!! I was imagining the pictures in my mind - does that count??

Melanie Eccles said...

Oh my GOSh! that is THE worst ending to a beautiful story! Way to be supportive though, Meliss!

jprizz said...

I hope one day we can be out in the hot sun chilling and we get lots of free ice cream!
I agree the others, what a dumb ending to beautiful beginning.